1. If it doesn’t swim, run, or fly, and grow in the ground. Don’t eat it.
2. The first thing that eat everyday will dictate your cravings for the day!
3. Eliminate processed foods e.g. microwave meals
4. Consume foods with high quality proteins e.g. eggs, meats, fish
5. Avoid all trans fats or hydrogenated fats. Read the label!
6. Eat an anti-oxidant rich diet to reduce inflammation and promote recovery between intense workouts e.g. broccoli, berries, kale
7. Drink organic green tea! Promote detoxification of the body.
8. Stop drinking alcohol or reduce consumption. Empty calories have no nutritional value.
9. Make sure you eat protein at breakfast.
10. Chew your food! This will aid the digestive process and alleviate the stress in the gut. Get more nutrients out of your food.
11. The low calorie option is not always the healthy option.
12. Under-eating and cutting calories to next to zero is for dummies. You have to build your desired physique. Don’t be a dummy!
13. Avoid sugary snacks and drinks. No compromise.
14. Being “Hangry” is a mood associated with being hungry and angry at the same time. If this is a regular mood in your life then rectify your diet with more fulfilment. You need to enjoy life to the max and the people around you.
15. Low GI foods will release energy slowly, and help manage your blood sugar levels better whilst leaving you feeling fuller for longer.
16. There is not one single food that will burn fat. The process of fat oxidation in a nutshell is a combination of good nutrition, effective training and recovery.
17. Set your nutritional goals based on your lifestyle, budget and what is sustainable for you.
Thanks for reading my blog and this is the simple and effective approach to nutrition that is installed at JWPT. We are driven to be the best because “average” is not good enough.
Stay Strong! Thanks JWPT