700g Butternut Pumpkin Chunks
1 Large Onion Chopped
2 Crushed Garlic Cloves
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tsp Vegetable Stock
1 Cup of Water
Cracked Black Pepper
Handful of Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Peel pumpkin, remove seeds and cut into chunks for baking
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with cracked black pepper
- Roast your pumpkin for 20-30minutes in the oven until soft and golden.
- In a large saucepan, you need to gently sauteed your onions with olive oil for 10-12 minutes then add your garlic and roasted pumpkins
- Add vegetable stock and water to then simmer for 10-12mins before blitzing your homemade pumpkin soup in a food processor when it has cooled.
- Toast a small handful of pumpkin seeds for 2-3mins.
- Serve and enjoy!
2 Servings and only 289 calories per serving
*this is a great healthy recipe to reduce pumpkin waste at Halloween and even use the pumpkin seeds as snacks.